- Abstract submission deadline: August 21st, 2020
- Notification on acceptance and on the form of presentation: September 7th, 2020
- Presentation Submission Deadline: September 14th, 2020.
- Virtual Summit on Tobacco Harm Reduction: 24-25 September 2020
All abstracts must be submitted online by August 21st, 2020. Abstracts submitted past that date will not be accepted nor abstracts submitted by e-mail.
Authors will be notified on acceptance and on the form of presentation of their contribution by September 7th, 2020. In case you do not receive a confirmation e-mail, please contact the Organizing Secretariat at email@example.com
Poster or oral presentations will be accepted if at least one of the authors is registered at the conference.
ORAL AND POSTER PRESENTATIONS
The programme of the virtual Summit will include keynote lectures, plenary and panel discussions, as well as oral and poster presentations. The Scientific Committee will decide on the final presentation type of the abstract, following evaluation.
Approved abstracts will be presented in prerecorded sessions online as oral (10 minutes) and poster (5 minutes) presentations. Presenters will participate live online for the Q&A session following presentations. Selected presentations may be granted more time (up to 15 minutes). (see below for further details on the online presentations)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
- All presentations (oral and posters) should be in English.
- The length of the abstract should not exceed 300 words.
- The abstract title should be written in capital letters.
- In the names of the authors please state first the name and after the surname
- State the authors’ affiliation(s) and city-country of origin.
- The presenting author’s name should be in bold & underlined.
- Toxicology and aerosol chemistry - Chemical composition of the aerosol, droplet size and distribution, temperature and toxicants, indoor air quality
- Biomarkers’ evaluation in animal or human studies
- Preclinical evaluation
- Epidemiology & Social Issues (Perception risk, Attractiveness etc.)
- Clinical Assessment and Harm Reduction
- Regulatory issues
- Innovation & Novel Products
- Smoking cessation
- Educational issues in adolescence
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ONLINE ORAL & POSTER PRESENTATIONS
- The duration of each oral presentation should be 10 minutes and of each poster presentation 5 minutes.
- Please designate one presenter; in case of multiple presenters, please note that all presenters should be registered. Please do not combine multiple presenters’ PowerPoint presentations into one file.
- The presenting author will receive a PowerPoint Slide Template to use for the presentation.
- The author should send to the Secretariat his/her presentation recorded through Zoom and be online at the time of the presentation to receive questions from the audience. Instructions will be posted here at a later date.
- Presenters are encouraged to use the virtual background image sent by the Secretariat. For instructions on how to enable a Virtual Background, please visit the Zoom website.
- If you have questions about using audio or videos during your presentation, please contact the Secretariat.
PRESENTATION SUBMISSION DEADLINE
Following acceptance, authors should submit their presentation and/or recording through Summit’s website by September 14th, 2020.
Presentations and recordings submitted past that date will not be accepted nor presentations and recordings submitted by e-mail.
BOOK OF ABSTRACTS
The electronic book of abstracts will be available at the Summit website.
Papers presented at the conference will be eligible for publication, following peer review, in a peer reviewed international journal that will be announced shortly.