Georgios S. Goumas is Director at Cardiology Clinic, Athens Euroclinic since 2009.
He is a graduate (MD, 1986-1992) and has a PhD (1998-2003) from the University of Athens Medical School. He completed his specialty in Cardiology at Hippocration Hospital, Athens University (1996-2000).
He is Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology since 2005. He was Head of the Cardiology Department at Athens General Clinic-Bioclinic for the period 2004-2009.
Dr Goumas has been invited as a speaker at more than 30 national and international congresses. He has published 27 full papers in peer-review journals and presented more than 50 abstracts in International Congresses and more than 50 abstracts in Greek Congresses.
He has received Research grants from the Hellenic Society of Cardiology on 2000, and from the Hellenic Heart Foundation on 2002, also an investigators’ award from Hellenic Society of Cardiology on the years 1998, 1999 and 2001.
- Member of the Board, Hellenic College of the Treatment of Atherosclerosis
- Scientific Counselor of Hellenic Heart Foundation
- Editor of the Journal “Heart Rhythm” of Hellenic Heart Foundation
- Assistant Editor of the Journal “Heart and Vessels” of the Hellenic Heart Foundation
- Past President of the Working Group of Prevention, Epidemiology and the Metabolic Syndrome of Hellenic Society of Cardiology
- Past President of the Working Group of Prevention of Hellenic College of Cardiology
- GCP training.
Dr Goumas was born on 09/6/1968. He is married, with one male child.Share articles :